Saturday, May 31, 2008

Wang Chung - Dance Hall Days

This pretty much sums up last night.

We started at KattyPants' and played some Pop 5 with a few pals and some great ga/uys.

Fun times were had, and then we headed off to crazy local Karaoke bar where I swear to GAH- the "host/ess" was like a slightly-less-male Daniel Johnston.

Mutey was also there, as always -and took quite a shine to Jeanine.... again, apparently ;)

He's this regular there, full-blown mute. He sends notes to our table. Priceless, man- Priceless.

I sang quite horribly, the microphone had this weird ECHO affect on it- which is grand for "White Rabbit"- not so good for uuhhhhh, ummmm... Shit! What did I sing last night??!

Anyways pricessless moment #2 was Kattypants' vocal stylings, while the timid (?) woman working the bar had a look on her face of pure horrific measures.

I thought you were Grrreat, Kats!

Like I said though, all in all- the song above pretty much sums it up.

Oh and the dog- doesn't know that it's "Saturday", so I was rudely awoken before 7am, slid into my adidas pants and went for a half-asleep walkie.

2 comments:

Krissyface said...

ooooh I love singing. And I'm sooooo good at it. Tee hee.

Kathryn Halpie-poo said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence, KZ. At one point I did notice that my vocal stylings were getting a little out of control, but I really didn't care - I mean we were at a KARAOKE BAR for chrissakes! What was I going to do, hang back and lamely un-belt out some terrible attempts at melodies? I think not.

Did any of us at the table drink the round that Mutey bought?

BTW: the note he passed her read, "I remember you, Beautiful Lady." I wonder how one person--mute, at that--can have such a capacity to make a young woman feel so uncomfortable.