Monday, August 10, 2009

Storms, Great Aunt's Biscuits & Baby Crazy!


STORMS:

Wow there were some storms this weekend.

C and I were up in Port Elgin and there the storm arrived about 9am, Sunday. It sounded like the end of the world. We were sleeping in his parent's loft-like space.
C woke up and re-positioned himself the opposite direction on the bed- so that he could view the storm through the overhead sky-light.

I live the little "kid" things my man does. *gushes*

We heard thunder as loud as if the sky itself was falling! We saw lightening as bright as a thousand suns!
We even heard some hail pinging off the skylight- but upon searching the grounds once the storm had passed- it seems they were too tiny to stick around.

Great Aunt's Biscuits:

We were up north visiting C's rents, and attended his Family Reunion.

There were cousins , uncles etc. who KNOW MY FAMILY.
Basically, C's great aunt and my great aunt resided their whole lives in the same neck of the woods, near Lion's Head in the Bruce Peninsula. They shared the same birthday and Birth year.

A could years ago they each celebrated their 90th Birthdays at their respected homes. Certain guests from one party would leave and travel to the other's celebration. They knew some of the same people.
My mother has a biscuit recipe she's been using all her life. This very recipe originally came from Corey's aunt Marion.
So, as a child on Xmas- I was eating these same biscuits that a young C-dawg could also have been munching on while visiting his aunt's family.

Small World.


My great aunt passed away last year. This was my first time meeting much of C's extended family. When I told Aunt Marion that Marg was my great Aunt- her eyes lit up. "She was my TWIN" she said with a giant smile.

Baby Crazy:

Now onto my family. I have two step sisters (Mom's husband's girls).
They EACH have 4 children.
When My sister Kel and I are at mom's house we play a game- "Name that Kid"
We don't do so well. How could we when we have yet to meet over half of these children? There's not enough room in mom and Pete's house for them all to visit at once- so they have to take turns.

It was announced a few months ago that one is pregnant... again.
I always joked that the two sister's were in a "race for babies"
I spoke to my mother recently--THE OTHER ONE is also now pregnant.

"Race for babies" confirmed!

2 comments:

I'm Scooter, but I might be a troll. said...

So when are we going to see your baby race unfold?

Anonymous said...

5 apiece? am I the only one who thinks this is a tad overboard in the offspring department? geez.