Wednesday, November 17, 2010

winter bluezzz

The weather is changing and I can feel it... like in my soul.

I tend to get a little S-to the -A-to the-D around the beginning of winter.... and with today's wind I can feel it creeping in.

The warm nights out on a patio are far behind us now (or far ahead, depending how you see things), and soon I'll even have to give up my cutey booties and my leather jacket in exchange for a large purple parka and Sorels.

One thing I can say for sure though- DRESSING for the winter can make a shitload of difference.
In years passed I can remember the SAD being even WORSE- this due to an inability to dress warmly in our Southern Ontario (inevitably FREEZING COLD) winters.

C dawg once said to me "Looking warm is sexy" and I will take that and roll with it in my huge snow boots. So all you half naked broads out there with the clattering teeth, and spring jackets- take note! YOU LOOK UNCOMFORTABLE AND RIDICULOUS.

I'll bust-it on past you and wave my hot hands your way- that is if I can move my arms....

4 comments:

Drea said...

I love that film. I remember the painfully long, drawn out process of getting into your snowsuit...only to have to pee 2 seconds later. Oh, the look on Sylvia's face. Priceless.

Alyson said...

Hey, now, Onterio winters aren't THAT bad (I've lived both there, and here in Winnipeg). Though, admittedly, yours are damper which is Le Shite.

krista zee said...

true dat, especially here in Toronto. Seems the further you are from the city- the worse it can get :)

I have yet to visit the Peg... but have heard the rumors about zee cold...

Esme Q said...

It is totally a sad day when you have to trade in your 'cute boots' for your 'winter kind-of-insane' boots but I agree it is a must-do in this town. You are a wise woman.