Wednesday, January 20, 2010

New York, I love you



Nina and I saw and fell in love with the trailer for this film well over a year ago.
It finally came out in theaters this past October, and I was somehow completely oblivious to this.

Bottom Line: This film is a collage of 10 different vignettes all set in New York City- focusing on the city's sometimes-edgy lovers.

Each story ran for only minutes but managed to have a profound impact on the viewing audience. And the team's working on these had only 24 hours to shoot and one week to edit.

The actors featured range from Natalie Portman (who also wrote and directed a segment) to Cloris Leachman, Orlando Bloom, Ethan (brush your teeth) Hawke, and Julie Christie.

This is a go-see. A couple of the stories were fantastic- In my eyes the scene with Chris Cooper and Robin Wright Penn.

I learned the following things from this movie:

* Bradley Copper is super hottie
* I definitely wish to visit New York again.... ASAP

Now being in love myself- I feel I could discover much more about the city loved by so many.

2 comments:

Robin said...

The low-budget trick is staying in a cheap motel near a subway stop in Queens or Brooklyn and getting a one-week-all-you-can-ride transit pass. NYC is always a few degrees warmer than Toronto - I've strolled through Central Park in a sweater in January. Plus, MOMA is free admission on Fridays between 4:00 pm and 8:oo pm.

Take your most comfortable shoes!

Highwaisted said...

i want to see this so bad.