Monday, February 9, 2009

Subway Pick-up

Weekend:

Nothing says "Sunday" like being on the "subway" and getting asked out.......
by an 80 year old German WO-MAN.

It all started on my way to the mall, going south. She sat next to me and was staring at the METRO magazine I was reading. She asked where I got it. She noted it was from 2 days ago. While I was explaining that I got it at Dupont Station, and that the METRO only puts out one "weekend" edition, she was grabbing it from me to show me something. She was going on and on about her husband, and his metal state and how he LIVES for the back page. And then , there it was- the SUDOKO.
She asked if I wouldn't mind giving her the paper when I was finished with it, as she wasn't able to find one on Friday to bring to her husband. I agreed, of course, and then this:

(thickest accent ever) "I need College station, where are we?"

"Oh, we are only at King, ma'am, you have time"

"I am going to see a movie"

"Oh reallly, which one?"

"The reader"

"Oh I want to see that. I heard it's very good"

"YOU come with ME. We go together!"

Oh the sweet sweet German woman. She seemed so excited! I had to decline, as I was meeting someone. But lemme tell you - If I had no plans I would have totally gone.

On another note I bought me the most booty-licious Club Monaco jeans while shopping with Nina at the mall.
Watch out!

3 comments:

I'm Scooter, but I might be a troll. said...

Hmm...

I kind of wish I had a mass transit system to get these stories from. Of course, your story is much more pleasant than Kristin's. It's probably because you are Canadian.

Kathryn Halpie-poo said...

Sounds like my kinda Sunday. Instead, you should have asked her if you could come over and have her cook Spaetzle for you and her hub.

Highwaisted said...

you? bootylicious? i need to see this!