Thursday, July 3, 2008

Welcome to the summer of... spring?

Pros:
  • Nice flowers, bushes, trees etc.
  • I have a nice pair of galoshes
  • Wet teeshirt contest? I be a winner.

Cons:
  • Hot only when humid due to oncoming rain.
  • Too cool to swim (for beach bum C)
  • Dreary site from 10th floor most days


In other news, I FINALLY got my tax return and need to shop. Who's in?
COME ON! I'll buy you a sweatervest or something if you come with.

The long weekend was a great time. We spent two days with my fam and two with C's.
Both of which we attended a small town AUCTION with.

First one with my fam-damily was in Pike Bay. Everything from an old glass dish to a Corvette went up.
The auctioneer was fat and fast-talkin'.

The next, with C's fam- was in Port Elgin. Ok I shit you not, the were putting up "bundles" of stuff. Starting the bid high and going low low low ($1).
Some examples of stuff they were selling:
  • A bottle of bleach, with some old safety pins and a box of reader's digest magazines- didn't sell
  • A bed, a char and a lamp- didn't sell
  • An old chair, some kid-shit (toys etc)- I think it sold for $1

We hit the Sangria at moms, and the beach at Corey's.
Good times all around , and a sweeeeet three day work week!

3 comments:

erin said...

woah you commented on my blog(s) and then i looked at yours and look you were just in my hometown! swoon.

erin said...

email me so i can say the secret!

krista zee said...

I dunno how... and don't have access to gmail from here.